KHANABAD Irrigation Scheme Rehabilitation Project LOT-1 KHANABAD DAM REHABILITATION Project Purpose : 1-Repair to concrete of nine spillway bays – glaces and stilling basins with high strength concrete . 2-replacement of glaces & stilling basins of Under sluice Bays 1-3 &13 with new concrete and still liner protection for U/S approach & D/S floor and wall . 3-Removal of existing sediment excluder vanes and construction of tunnel Excluders in Bays 1 and 13 4-Extension of concrete divider wall between Bays 11 and 12 . 5-Raising of the cill level of stilling basins and placement of concrete blocks and stone protection U/S & D/S 6-Repair of upstream and downstream guide banks at Right & Left banks 7-Construction two new guide and flood protection bunds at Right & Left banks as well as gabion works Contractual Specification : Client : EUROPEAN COMMUNITY Consulting : MOTT MAC DONALD U.K. Technical Specification :
- Main concrete Barrage 161.5 m.
- Concrete spillway bays 9×10m.
- Under sluiceways bays 4×10m.
- Concrete Stilling Basin 3230m2
- Two earth Guide Banks Down Stream
- Two new earth Guide Bank U/S
- One earth Guide Bank upstream
- One Gabion flood protection bund upstream
- Tunnel Sediment Excluders 9 Nos.
- D/S stone & concrete protection works