Construction of POL-E-RUD Diversion Dam Project Purpose :
POL-E-RUD Diversion Dam is constructed on Pole-e-rud river to rise up the river’s flow to take the water by gravity to the Left & Right bank canals for irrigation of downstream lands.
The project is being built on Pol-e-rud river at 3 Km South-West of Rahim abad town around 250 m. downstream of Pol-e-rud and samoush rivers Conjunction. Project consists of a concrete dam at the middle and an earth dam at right abutment. The dam comprises of Spillway & Stilling basin, Sluice way, Intake, Desalting basin, Water distributor, Fish ladder and a siphon to the right bank canal as well as a walkway bridge and cutoff wall underneath the dam. Contractual Specification : Client : GILAN Regional Water Authority Consulting : MAHAB GHODSS Consulting Engineers Co. Technical Specification :
- Average discharge released 31.5 Cu.m./Sec.
- Diversion Dam Type concrete with an earth dyke
- Spillway Type Free Ogee, Concrete
- Spillway height 5 m. from riverbed
- Spillway Length 101 m.L.
- Cut off wall Length 311 m.L.
- Volume of Concrete 45,000 Cu.m.
- Reinforcement 1,350,000 Kg.