Sefid Rud Irrigation & Drainage Network Construction of Irrigation & Drainage Canals Section D-5 Eastern Part Project Purpose :
Regarding the topographic condition, having no regulators & Intakes and other hydraulic structures, water extraction from Seyd Ali Akbari canal has being done traditionally using temporary straw dams which created a lot of sedimentation in water courses as well as extra unwanted water to downstream. This issue in turn was creating inefficient irrigation and heavy water losses. This project resulted in mechanized efficient irrigation of 1,500 Hectares rice bowls of NaserKiadeh, Kurandeh, Tazeh abad & Chaff villages. Construction of Drains in this area upgraded the Quality of farmland’s soil as well as prevention of land inundation. Contractual Specification : Client : Gilan Regional water Authority Consulting : PANDAM Consulting Engineers Co. Technical Specification :
- Construction of 8 Power Plant Buildings
- Access and Maintenance Roads 29 Km.
- Concrete Line Canals 400 m.
- Elevated Concrete Canals 16,900 m.
- Drainage Canals 12,000 m.
- Concrete Hydraulic Structures 2,200 Cu.m.
- Hydro mechanical Equipment 69 Nos.
- Excavation 150,000 Cu.m.
- Embankment 160,000 Cu.m.
- Shuttering 12,000 Sq.m.
- Reinforcement 317,000 Kg..